2013 Mentor Conference
November 20, 2013
The second annual conference dedicated to mentoring was held on the GW Foggy Bottom campus on November 20, 2013. Sixty-two faculty and staff representing CNMC and nearly every school at GW attended.
Program Learning Objectives
After attending the conference, attendees will be able to:
- Articulate the importance and benefits of mentorship.
- Identify different models of mentorship.
- Describe methods for initiating and sustaining a mentorship relationship.
- Apply techniques for facilitating communication, consensus building, providing feedback and dealing with emotions in the mentoring relationship.
- Apply resources of the CTSI-CN Mentoring Toolkit into their career development and mentorship planning.
Time & Title
Speaker(s) / Facilitator(s)
C. Dianne Martin, PhD, Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs - The George Washington University
Keynote: Why Mentoring Matters
W. Brad Johnson, PhD
Mentoring Dyads Panel – Making the Match and Making it Work
Drs. Randi Streisand and Maureen Monaghan (CNMC)
Enhancing Your Behavioral Repertoire
Kevin Grigsby, D.S.W.
Building a Mentoring Program – tools of the CTSI-CN Mentor Toolkit
Lisa Schwartz, EdD, MS
Robert Balaban, PhD