CTSI-CN Biorepository: Collection, Processing, Storage and Distribution of Biospecimens
The CTSI-CN Biorepository provides assistance in the setup, logistics, collection, processing and storage of specimens for biobanking purposes.
The types of specimens that we currently process and store include:
- whole blood
- buccal swabs
- buffy coat
- Specimen collection
- Specimen processing (e.g. DNA extraction) and storage at the Clinical Studies Resource (CSR) for biospecimens collected in accordance to approved IRB protocols
- Database management including data entry, sample location, related clinical information and specimen recovery
- Coordinate future sample analyses with the Proteomics Genomics Core lab at Children’s National
- Prospective biospecimen collection to fulfill investigator needs for IRB-approved protocols
- Storage for biospecimens collected by investigators under IRB-approved protocols. Stored biospecimens belong solely to the investigator
- Software tools (Freezer Pro) for sample log, sample data entry, bar coding and location
The CTSI-CN Clinical Studies Resource Biorepository main location is on the 3rd floor Main inside the CSR/CRC area. For questions or to arrange a tour, please request a consultation via our SPARC Request Portal.