Do you want to...
- Manage all of your studies and requests in one central location?
- Request or obtain research pricing for research services at Children's National?
- Create research participant visit schedules and indicate source of funding?
You can through SPARC, a web-based Research Management System "One-Stop-Shop" for researchers and their study teams to submit requests for CTSI-CN services and resources:
- Biomedical Informatics - Strategies for research database design; data management (REDCap, OpenClinica); access to high performance computing; access to MedDRA
- Clinical Studies Resource - Nursing support; laboratory processing and shipping; bionutrition; neuropsychological evaluation; room and other support for clinical and translational research projects
- Community Engaged Research/Health Policy - Comparative effective research design; strategies to develop or impact related regulatory or health policies; integrating patient and community engagement into research design process
- Design, Epidemiology and Biostatistics - Study design, epidemiology, and/or biostatistical support for your translational science project (T1-T4). If your project is not translational science, please submit your request for study design, epidemiology, and/or biostatistical support to the Children's National Division of Biostatistics and Study Methodology by using the orange "Cores & Facilities" tab on the left-hand side of the screen (this includes all basic science projects, nursing research projects, REACH projects, quality improvement projects, and hospital operations/finance projects).
- Grants Enhancement Program - Internal review, feedback and consultation of proposals; external review experienced external reviewer; facilitated group meetings with peer investigators; assistance with grant writing; packaging and assembling applications for submission
- Innovative Strategies and Services - Proteomics/genomics; device development (3D printing, design, prototyping); imaging (MRI, CT, US, and other modalities); project development planning (funding sources, legal assistance, regulatory advice)
- Open Studios - Submit your request to present your research concept to CTSI-CN Component leads and experienced concept faculty based on specific areas of research and needs identified by the investigator
- Pilot Studies Program - Submit applications for the CTSI-CN 2014 Pilot RFA cycle
- Regulatory Knowledge/IRB Support - Sponsor and FDA required regulatory submissions; preparation of IRB applications using the IRBear system; Participant Advocacy program; consultation on GCP guidelines; Human Subject Protection training
- Voucher Award Program - Submit applications for rapidly deployed financial support to address critical gaps in your research/project and/or funding for a small-scale project (e.g. CSR, DEB, and ISS voucher awards)
|Biomedical Informatics||Coming Soon|
|Clinical Studies Resource (CSR/CRC)||Currently Available|
|Community Engaged Research/Health Policy||Currently Available|
|Design, Epidemiology, and Biostatistics||Currently Available|
|Grants Enhancement Program||Currently Available|
|Innovative Strategies and Services||Currently Available|
|Open Studios||Currently Available|
|Pilot Studies Program Application||Currently Available|
|Regulatory Knowledge/IRB Support||Coming Soon|
|Voucher Award Program||Currently Available|
5 Easy Steps: