Location: Children's National, 5th Floor Board Room
We have 25 seats available for enthusiastic fellows, post-docs, and junior faculty planning to submit a grant application in the next nine months. If you want to take advantage of this special opportunity, you must submit an application describing your background and grant writing readiness. In particular, we want to know about things such as your education, employment, field(s) of study, research training and experience, publications, current research project(s), research career plans, and a brief description of why you want to take this course. Applications must include specific aims, letters of support (see below), and an NIH biosketch adhering to the current guidelines. CTSI-CN leadership will review applications and select 25 participants. If you are invited to attend this workshop, you must:
- Attend all three days in full
- Submit specific aims for review by specially chosen coaches
- Have letters of support from your Department/Division Chief and mentor(s)1
- Complete readings and exercises prior to the three-day workshop
- Pay a registration fee of $250 to cover the meeting space, food, and AV2
Please see below for the timeline of events:
Application deadline: August 21st
Acceptance notification: September 11th
Reviewed aims returned to participants: October 9th
NIH Grant Writing Workshop: October 24th – 26th
Please contact Christina Robinson (email@example.com) with questions and/or comments on this special offering.
Interested in being considered for this opportunity? APPLY HERE.
- The letter of support from your Department/Division Chief must include their commitment to this effort, a description of local resources, and a guarantee that you will have the time needed to complete this program. Your mentor’s letter of support must include a statement of their understanding that participants are expected to submit an external grant within six months of course completion.
- For applicants invited to participate, this cost can be covered by department/division support.